Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself.
Love possesses not nor would it be possessed;
For love is sufficient unto love. Kahlil Gibran
As I sit around watching my grey hairs turn whiter, also I keep watching the same social and political problems occurring worldwide that I saw back on television 50 years ago when I was a teenager; of course back then my hair was dark brown. Yes; a Lady Clairol dark brown: full head with flowing luxuriant soft yellow highlights from the sun. OK. Maybe I am exaggerating a little about the amount of hair, but once I was young and full of expectation and excitement; concerning the possibility that spiritual learning might be the spark that changes this planet, and brings us all together, finally.
The Great Change
Back in the mystical school (mid 1970’s), many of us realized we were at the end of one Spiritual Age and entering another; this New Age was to be ushered in by the return of the Dove, lifting ALL joyfully to a higher state of consciousness.
We were cautioned, the decades ahead were to be a difficult time; and during this period, we were to continue with our individual spiritual learning, help others, and daily work toward a better world.
Many times, we wondered, why must it be so? Why can’t all the people of the world cooperate and share the growing abundance: feed the hungry, help the sick, and share this unprecedented wealth that was emerging across the globe. In Africa, South America, and the Far East, why must babes still die in their mother’s arms, hungry and sick? This occurs, year after year; although many work to correct these ills, not enough people want this change.
This was the universal choice. To help correct injustice and reach higher; or live in our own world, doing the best we can, unconcerned about our neighbor’s plight. Daily, each traveler makes their own decision, and this suffering continues as part of the Universal Design. Remember- sometimes it isn’t a matter of what you do, but that you do something. In a famine, even the smallest donation can help feed and save many.
Certainly the future has not been written; it is a potential humanity must work to transcend, creating a better tomorrow. Always it is the Creator’s Love that will save and renew us; a post apocalyptic universal, spiritual solution to a world filled with personal, social, and political greed; a world of violence toward others will be substituted with a kinder, gentler, Reality. And chief among the false presentations will be the use of religion and spiritual learning as a tool for personal greed and chaos.
One Traveler at a Time
In the mystical school because we tasted something finer, through our spiritual experiences, we knew the deception; realizing a better world was made one traveler at a time. When individual traveler’s reached higher and sought through personal action the greater good: this action offset the building darkness. No one knows what can be accomplished by one awakened soul, who is in the right spot; or a small group of traveler’s working together using the internet to topple and over throw a corrupt government. Look around, the social unrest is building and spilling out across the world; ours is both an end and a beginning.
Traveler: Tell me of the Prophecy.
Master: It is written that much of what you see shall be destroyed and from the ashes He/She will arise. The Dove shall be reborn. He shall spread His wings and gather together all of humanity, drawing each person to God’s Bosom.
Traveler: Why is this terrible destruction necessary?
Master: For many years humanity has failed to follow the natural Laws and like the babe who plays with the flame; the heat must be experienced. In the burning, the Lesson shall be taught. As the fire cleanses, our hearts shall herald the new world’s birth.
Traveler: I am frightened, tell me of the new world and ease my fears.
Master: The Mountain of selfishness and fear shall fall way; the night shall bow to the day; and each traveler shall awaken to the Name of God caressing their lips. From the Dove’s nest, humanity shall again be joined in the One Religion of Love. And each traveler will be cherished as part of the whole. From the Creator’s Heart, this wondrous dream shall become Reality, and you will experience it all.
Why People Change
One does not have to be a social scientist to understand the psychological reasons why traveler’s change; we see the motivators every day, all around us through addiction, illness and wanting to do the right thing. Human behavior has not changed much in ten thousand years; and much of our behavior can be explained through either fear or love.
All political and religious organizations are well aware of thefear and reward (love) stick to motivate action/change.
- Fear. Most often, traveler’s change and take action or direction because they are frightened of something, someone, or a harmful outcome. Fear is the chief agent in human behavioral change; ‘my health is failing and I must live healthier or die.’ Anyone who has been in a position of power knows how to motivate through fear and love; daily parents use this carrot: ‘if you want to stay-up late, clean-up your room.’
- Governments, religious organizations and corporations have a similar stick: ‘look our way is the best way, and others who want to take from us are just wrong. If we wish to maintain our presence and strength, everyone must do as we say and work together.’
- Love. Conversely, as a motivator for human behavioral change and positive action, love is the strongest and most difficult energy to fight against. For most of us, love is the center of life; it is what makes life worth living. When we caress another, or help our smaller brother cross the street, we reach upward as human beings. Without love, this world would wither and die; it is the Light against our personal darkness and the very energy of the spheres. It is much easier to motivate a person, when they wish to take action out of interest, love or caring. Recall all the martyrs who died in the name of their faith and belief.
When you love you should not say, ‘God is in my heart,’ but rather, ‘I am in the heart of God.’ And think not you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course. Kahlil Gibran
Of late, a common theme in the growing spiritual literature is the notion of individual spiritual evolution. Yes, it is the destiny of the human race to advance individual consciousness, behavior and self development, one person at a time. That is the goal of human development systems like Buddhism, Sufism, Yoga and Catholicism. Yet, even with this world wide interest in personal change, the question remains unanswered: if as a species, enough of us will reach higher in time to stop our own self destruction.
Only after you have developed psychologically and spiritually, can you reach out and help another- free of resentment or need for reward. Helping others, without self-interest, is part of being human; it helps define who we are as a species. As a fully mature traveler, we are all responsible for helping self and others reach higher.
One day, through God’s Infinite Mercy, we will all be raised together, on the Wings of the Dove. In that moment, in joyous splendor, may we all shout: Praise Be to God.
Hell is within the heart of man/women. It is a reality we create. Similarly heaven is within our reach. Daily we are faced with the choice. Which do you choose?
Just as water must undergo change to become snow, so, must we undergo a process of alteration? Slowly the world of the senses must be taught to give way to the world of the soul; then the change is complete.
Also by Dr. Bitkoff, A Commuter’s Guide to Enlightenment, Llewellyn, 2008 and Journey of Light: Trilogy, Authorhouse, 2004. These books are available on Amazon.Com or from publisher.
- Remember by Dr. Stewart Bitkoff (mycaravanofdreams.com)
- Tears Along The Way By Dr. Stewart Bitkoff (mycaravanofdreams.com)
- The Great Awakening by Dr. Stewart Bitkoff (mycaravanofdreams.com)
- The Secret Protects Itself by Dr. Stewart Bitkoff (mycaravanofdreams.com)
- Everyday Spirituality: Life as Prayer by Dr Stewart Bitkoff (mycaravanofdreams.com)
- Story: The Golden Caress by Dr. Bitkoff (mycaravanofdreams.com)
- A Walk in the Park by Dr. Stewart Bitkoff (mycaravanofdreams.com)
- Higher Knowledge & Spiritual Experience: What to Buy? by Dr. Stewart Bitkoff (mycaravanofdreams.com)
- Listen to Your Heart’s Wisdom By Dr. Stewart Bitkoff (mycaravanofdreams.com)
- The Mystical School by Dr. Stewart Bitkoff (mycaravanofdreams.com)