A few months ago, maybe almost year ago I was talking with all around awesome person and Blogger from Achelois – Raw and Uncut blog, we came with the idea then to sorta of tag team and put out a series on my experiences reading the Quran and my experience with Islam itself given my Roman Catholic background. The first post i wrote was week like the wine during communion [that was a horrible joke, hoped someone laughed]. Of course then life happened I got wrapped up in a whirlwind of difficult events, and suddenly had a story that was burning to be told but neither the time to put it into a proper format nor much time.
So months later while Listening to the Talk given by Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee Entitled Working with Oneness (please check it out if you haven’t already) I read about the Godspeed Institute and their mission.
At the Godspeed Institute we seek connection with and guidance from those who understand and teach the history, purpose and practices of the world’s religious and spiritual wisdom—those who remind us to stay rooted in our heart, breath, soul, spirit or higher selves, and those who help us evolve into spiritually centered beings. We explore and celebrate the wealth of our diverse spiritual heritage as a source of knowledge, a path leading toward tolerance, and a way for all people to learn about and strengthen spiritual life skills.
I decided to contact them and ask if they could recommend me to a site and orother institution which might light to hear about my experiences and contact with Sufism, Islam and the Quran as a means to foster much needed dialogue especially in light of 9/11 and th wars in Afganistan and Iraq, To my surprised I was asked if I wanted to be a guest on the show. I said yes and of course afterwards got very nervous. Blogging and writing though about personal things in my life like thoughts, ideas and experience, it is very impersonal. I dont have a face, let alone a voice really. Talking in such a format made me all the more real. Luckily i got over myself and stopped being such a pansy and the almost hour long talk below is the result. I hope you enjoy it
The Interview with The Godspeed Institute
Please feel free to leave feedback here and on the Blog’s Fan page
- Two poignant Line from The Sufis of Afganistan Film (Roughy translated) (mycaravanofdreams.com)
- Everyday Spirituality: Life as Prayer by Dr Stewart Bitkoff (mycaravanofdreams.com)
- New Comments on My Responce to the Recent Writings of Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee (1) (mycaravanofdreams.com)
- DIFFERENT CHALLENGES FOR MEN AND WOMEN by Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee (mycaravanofdreams.com)
- My Responce to the Recent Writings of Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee (1) (mycaravanofdreams.com)
- My Responce to the Recent Writings of Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee (4) – Summing Up. (mycaravanofdreams.com)
- Higher Knowledge & Spiritual Experience: What to Buy? by Dr. Stewart Bitkoff (mycaravanofdreams.com)
- How Many Sufis Are There in Islam? by Stephen Schwartz (mycaravanofdreams.com)